Ever feel like your snacks while traveling are just plain old junk? With summer approaching, we look ahead at convenient ways to store greens on-the-go. Out with the chips and in with the green. Keep your nutrition on point while out and about and you won’t miss a beat. Here are five ways to bring your greens with you:
1. Make your green meals ahead of time and put them in a storage container. Here is a great salad to make for your next travel day that will get you on the Mason jar trend!
2. Double your batch of smoothies to store as a good morning or afternoon snack. Put it in the freezer at work for those 3 pm hunger pangs or in a cooler in your car. Find our many smoothie recipes here!
3. Got a flight to catch? Worried about eating peanuts, pretzels, and snack boxes? Try packing good-for-you snacks for your flight that will keep you energized and your nutrition in shape. Slice up some goodies that can last outside of the refrigerator like bell peppers, cucumbers, or fresh fruit. Almonds and kale chips are also a good option. Pack them in your carry-on and enjoy your flight.
4. Going to the beach or park? Pack your cooler with tasty and healthy summer treats. Opt for fresh fruit and chilled lean proteins. You can even make this easy salad ahead of time to keep in the cooler.
5. Whether you are prepping for the work week or your meals for a trip, this is the most effective way to keep your nutrition on point. Check out companies like Fuel Food for inspiration on how to make and what to put in your meal kit. We've made it easy for you to prep your meals. Just follow the steps below!